Day 12: What was your first car? What is your current vehicle?
I’ve actually not even had a first car yet, as I’m only 17..! However, I’m learning to drive in my mum’s Hyundai i10.
In the future, I’d LOVE a pale blue Fiat 500. I think they look so cute..!
I mean, come on, what’s not to love?!
Day 11: Name a few of your weaknesses.
Pffft. Weaknesses?! What weaknesses?
- I’m VERY shy and socially awkward, but I’m working on it..!
- I often compare myself to others. Probably much more than I should.
- I don’t have enough confidence in myself, and I tend to put myself down a lot.
- I’m almost always running late (sorry everyone..!).
Day 10: Name a few of your strengths.
Hmmm… this is a tough one, but here goes:
- I’m good at empathising with others.
- I can play the violin, and can *kind of* sing.
- I am hard working.
- I am determined, and once I set my mind to something, I will almost always follow it through.
Day 9: What is the thing you wish you were good at?
I’d love to be good at dancing..! Despite learning lots of different dance types – Highland, Tap, Jazz, and Ballet – I still can’t dance to save my life! I really wish I was one of those people at a party who can just let loose and bust some pretty awesome moves, or look amazing dancing along to their favourite song, but I’m just not. My dancing is more… dad like. And no matter how hard I try, I tend to look incredibly awkward on the dance floor. But, that doesn’t stop me..! I feel bad for my friends having to witness that spectacle – I’m sorry, I really am trying to improve, but it just doesn’t seem to be working for me..!
Day 8: Write about something that makes you smile.
Oh goodness there’re so many things..! I like:
- Waking up to the sound of birdsong – I find it really peaceful, and always makes me feel calm and happy.
- Getting into a freshly-made bed after having a shower whilst wearing clean pyjamas – literally can’t think of anything more satisfying than this..! It makes me feel so snuggly and cosy!
- The smell of fresh bread. LOVE. IT.
- Watching my brother proudly making himself a huge bowl of cereal, with no regrets (he told me the other day about how he holds the cereal down while he pours in the milk to stop the cereal from overflowing!!). I’m so glad he’s got such a healthy relationship with food. I’m always worried in case some of my behaviours around it run off on him – I would hate for him to have to experience something like what I’ve been through.
- Getting time to watch funny films or videos when I don’t have to worry about finishing school work etc.
- Watching someone opening a present that I’ve spent ages choosing, and knowing that they’re going to love it. It’s such a nice feeling giving someone that perfect gift..!
- Surprising my parents by doing jobs around the house for them without them having to ask, or by cooking them something yummy. I really enjoy helping others, and when I’m feeling up to it, I try to do as much as I can to help..!
Day 7: What do you wear to bed?
I wear pyjamas! Pyjamas are literally my favourite type of clothing. They always make me feel really relaxed and cosy when I put them on. I especially love the super soft fleecy ones that you can get – although sometimes I get too hot in them at night..! I’ve also recently discovered a love for oversized t-shirts, as they’re not so hot to wear at night, and I feel kinda cute and small when I wear them!
Day 6: What animal would you love to have as a pet?
I would LOVE to have some guinea pigs!! I just think they’re so adorable! I think I’d keep them inside though, in a big indoor hutch, so that I could easily go and play with them or cuddle them, but I’d have an outdoor run for them too, so that I could take them outside on days where the weather was nice. When I was younger I had a hamster, and two rabbits – I love small animals, and I just think guinea pigs are so cute!
I think at some point I’d like to get a cat though, too – I’m definitely a cat person!